Rankings and Honors
McKool Smith has established a national reputation and proven track record of success in high stakes bet the company litigation. The firm is consistently recognized for excellence by many of the world’s leading legal publications and rankings. Some of our recent honors and awards include:
Chambers USA (2015)
Chambers USA ranks the leading firms and lawyers in an extensive range of practice areas throughout America. The research is in-depth and client-focused and the guide is read by industry-leading companies and organizations across the US and worldwide. McKool Smith's 2015 rankings include:
- Ranked nationally as a leading firm for Intellectual Property Litigation.
- Ranked as a leading Commercial Litigation firm in Texas.
- Ranked as a leading Intellectual Property firm in Texas
- Ranked as a leading Bankruptcy/Restructuring firm in Texas
- Ranked as a leading White-Collar Crime and Government Investigations Firm in New York (2010)
- 17 of the firm's attorneys are ranked as individual leaders in their field(s), including: Samuel Baxter, Tom Bayko, Kevin Burgess, Douglas A. Cawley, Robin Cohen, Roderick Dorman, Kenneth H. Frenchman, J. Michael Hennigan, William LaFuze, Lewis LeClair, Keith McKenna, Mike McKool, Paul Moak, Steven Pollinger, Hugh Ray, Theodore Stevenson, III, T. Gordon White
The Legal 500 (2015)
Published for over twenty years, the Legal 500 Series provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 100 countries. McKool Smith's 2015 rankings include:
- Ranked nationally as a leading firm for Intellectual Property - Patent Litigation. “A very professional and focused firm that has its clients’ commercial interests at heart”
- Recommended attorneys: Robin Cohen, Kenneth Frenchman, Keith McKenna, Mike McKool, Steve Pollinger, Courtland Reichman, Craig Tolliver, and Adam Ziffer
Benchmark Litigation (2015)
Benchmark is the only publication on the market to focus exclusively on litigation in the US. The guide’s results are the culmination of a six-month research period that allows our researchers to conduct extensive interviews with litigators and their clients. McKool Smith's 2015 rankings include:
- Ranked nationally as a leading Intellectual Property firm
- Ranked as a "Highly Recommended litigation firm in Texas
- Named 2015 "IP Firm of the Year"
- 9 McKool Smith attorneys ranked as "Litigation Stars" in their field: Samuel Baxter, Douglas A. Cawley, Robert Cote, Gayle Klein, Lewis LeClair, Mike McKool, Hugh Ray, Elizabeth A. Sherwin, and Theodore Stevenson, III.
The Best Lawyers in America (2016)
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding attorneys by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers. McKool Smith's 2016 ranking include:
- 19 McKool Smith attorneys ranked as individual leaders in their field.
- 2016: Samuel Baxter, Kevin Burgess, Douglas A. Cawley, Scott Cole, Gary Cruciani, Kirk Dillman, Roderick Dorman, Peter Goodman, Lawrence Hadley, J. Michael Hennigan, Pierre Hubert, William LaFuze, Lewis LeClair, Robert Manley, Mike McKool, Steven J. Pollinger, Hugh Ray, Courtland Reichman, Theodore Stevenson, III.
Chambers Global (2015)
Chambers Global identifies leading firms in over 180 countries through extensive research with thousands of lawyers and their clients. McKool Smith's 2015 rankings include:
Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000 (2015)
McKool Smith received top national and regional rankings in the 2015 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners.
- Recommended Nationally for Plaintiff Litigation
- Ranked Gold Tier in Texas for Patent Litigation
Managing Intellectual Property (2015)
Managing IP is the leading global resource for IP news and analysis, and covers all aspects of IP law and practice, focusing on the business and practical issues of importance to IP owners. McKool Smith's 2015 rankings include:
- 11 Principals named "IP Stars"
- Robert Auchter, Samuel Baxter, Douglas A. Cawley, Robert Cote, William LaFuze, Mike McKool, Steven Pollinger, Courtland Reichman, Kent Stevens, Theodore Stevenson, III, T. Gordon White.
- Named one of the top four patent litigation firms in the nation.
- Also named the 2013 and 2014 U.S. "Plaintiff IP Firm of the Year."