- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Whistleblower/False Claims Act Litigation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Business and Securities Valuation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Arbitration and ADR
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- ITC/Section 337 Litigation
- Copyright, Trademark, and False Advertising Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- White Collar Defense
- Government Investigations
- Internal Investigations
- Antitrust Investigations
News & Events
- McKool Smith Named a 2015 “Most Feared Plaintiffs Firm” by Law360
- McKool Smith Recognized in 2011 National Law Journal "Midsize Hot List"
- "Sempra Wins $6.6 Billion Power Contract Dispute with State"
- Los Angeles Daily Journal Ranks McKool Smith Hennigan as a "Leading Southern California Litigation Firm"
Our trial lawyers are experienced and respected in the energy industry. While we work closely with our clients to avoid and to resolve disputes, when they do arise, we are there to represent our clients’ interests skillfully and efficiently. We understand the business considerations and the complex regulatory environment specific to the energy industry and have a depth of experience in handling a broad range of energy-related disputes, including those involving electricity sale and transmission, natural gas pipelines, oil transport and storage, renewables, and co-generation, to name a few. We have also litigated across the United States and around the world, in both federal and state courts and in arbitration proceedings. Our attorneys also routinely represent energy companies in bankruptcy-related matters.