- Commercial Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Whistleblower/False Claims Act Litigation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Business and Securities Valuation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Arbitration and ADR
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- ITC/Section 337 Litigation
- Copyright, Trademark, and False Advertising Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- White Collar Defense
- Government Investigations
- Internal Investigations
- Antitrust Investigations
- Bankruptcy Litigation
News & Events
- Douglas A. Cawley Named “Litigator of the Year” and McKool Smith Named “IP Firm of the Year” by Benchmark Litigation
- "McKool Smith Makes Move in Silicon Valley"
- McKool Smith Named “IP Firm of the Year” by Benchmark Litigation
- McKool Smith Recognized in 2011 National Law Journal "Midsize Hot List"
- McKool Smith's Intellectual Property and White Collar Defense Practices Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA rankings
- McKool Smith Named 2010 Top Four Patent Litigation Firm by Managing Intellectual Property
- Los Angeles Daily Journal Ranks McKool Smith Hennigan as a "Leading Southern California Litigation Firm"
Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenant Litigation
Trade secrets and other proprietary information are valuable intellectual property assets that help companies establish and maintain a competitive edge. With the rise of digital technology, electronic communications, and aggressive competition, companies face increased risks of losing valuable trade secrets and proprietary information to former employees, vendors, contractors, and other entities with access to private and sensitive information. Our attorneys have significant experience initiating and defending claims over trade secrets, unfair competition, covenants not to compete, duty of loyalty, and other issues related to transitioning key employees. We act quickly and effectively to limit potential risks and protect our clients’ interests, whether by seeking temporary restraining orders, preliminary injunctions, and/or expedited discovery orders. McKool Smith attorneys also routinely develop effective confidentiality agreements, non-solicitation agreements, privacy policies, and systems to prevent unwanted disclosure of confidential information.