- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Whistleblower/False Claims Act Litigation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Energy Litigation
- Fiduciary Duty Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- Business and Securities Valuation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Arbitration and ADR
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Litigation
- ITC/Section 337 Litigation
- Copyright, Trademark, and False Advertising Litigation
- Trade Secrets and Restrictive Covenant Litigation
- White Collar Defense
- Government Investigations
- Internal Investigations
- Antitrust Investigations
News & Events
- McKool Smith Awarded "Litigation Department of the Year" By Texas Lawyer
- McKool Smith Earns Numerus Tier 1 Rankings in the 2016 Edition of Best Law Firms
- McKool Smith Named an Honoree for "Global Dispute of the Year" at The American Lawyer 2015 Global Legal Awards
- McKool Smith Earns 27 "Tier 1" Rankings in the 2015 Edition of Best Law Firms
- Daniel Levy Comments on the DOJ's Program to Encourage Swiss Banks to Resolve Tax Matters with the U.S.
- McKool Smith Highly Ranked in the 2013 edition of Benchmark Litigation and Benchmark Plaintiff
- McKool Smith Receives High Marks in Benchmark Litigation and Benchmark Plaintiff
- McKool Smith Recognized in 2011 National Law Journal "Midsize Hot List"
- McKool Smith Attorneys Recognized as 2011 Best Lawyers in America
- McKool Smith Recognized in the 2010 National Law Journal "Midsize Hot List"
- McKool Smith's Intellectual Property and White Collar Defense Practices Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA rankings
- Fortune 500 Companies Select McKool Smith as 2010 “Go-To Law Firm”
- McKool Smith Recognized in the 2009 National Law Journal "Midsize Hot List"
- Daniel Levy Reviews Potential Changes to U.S. Sentencing Guidelines
- "SEC vs. Bank of America: Back to the Drawing Board"
- "The Courts: Active Players in White Collar Cases"
- "New Use of Wiretaps in Insider Trading Cases"
- "The Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Program: Mutiny over the Bounty"
- "United States vs. Textron: Can You Secure Work Product Protection Despite Third Party Disclosure?"
- "Selective Waiver: Can a Corporation Have its Cake and Eat it Too?"
- "The 'Unindicted Co-Conspirator'"
- "Fraud Sentence Enhanced for Abuse of Trust"
- "Has the Government’s Thumb Been Lifted from the Scales of Justice?"
- Doreen Klein Commentary on Sentencing Guidelines for Misprisioning
White Collar Defense
Companies and corporate executives continue to face unprecedented scrutiny in the wake of the worldwide financial meltdown. Our white collar defense attorneys guide clients through a broad range of sensitive issues, including high-stakes internal and government investigations. Our practice includes former federal prosecutors and trial lawyers who have experience working on both sides of the courtroom and use their unique perspectives to successfully navigate through complex investigations. Clients benefit from this first hand experience as it allows us to prevent charges from being brought, negotiate favorable pre-trial resolutions, and provide an aggressive defense at trial when necessary.