- J.D., The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, 2006. Moot Court Governing Board, Chief Justice; Ohio State Law Journal, Associate Editor; Entrepreneurial Business Law Journal, Co-Founder; Business Law Society, President; Topper Eagle Award, Outstanding Student Administrator; Topper Memorial Award; 2006 Moritz Ambassador
- A.L.B., Harvard University, cum laude, 2003. Dean’s List
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
Ivan Wang is an Associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith.
Mr. Wang worked for Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting, L.L.P.), where he held the positions of US Operations Lead, Cross-Functional Consultant Specialist for Solutions Engineering Knowledge Management (SE KM); Lead Designer, for the SE KM Organization Web site; Project Manager, Enterprise Integration Opportunity Database, which managed over $300 million of the firm’s knowledge capital and; Information Management, Analyst. Mr. Wang also developed Lotus Notes databases and coded in HTML at Accenture.
Mr. Wang speaks Mandarin Chinese.
- American Airlines. Represents American Airlines in a patent infringement suit brought by Ronald A. Katz Technology Licensing alleging infringement of interactive call processing patents in the Eastern District of Texas. Assisted in the appeal before the Federal Circuit.
- BearingPoint, Inc. Member of team that represented BearingPoint, Inc., formerly KPMG Consulting, in an arbitration matter.
- Catalina Marketing Corporation. Member of team that represented Catalina Marketing in a patent infringement action involving targeted advisory messages for pharmacy patients based on selected monitored data components of each transaction.
- CenturyTel. Represents CenturyTel in a complex commercial litigation matter involving business transactions, shareholders, and securities issues related to satellite earth station and communications facility and services.
- Electronic Data Systems Corporation. Member of team that represented EDS in patent infringement actions including a patent action in the Eastern District of Texas involving image-based check processing.
- FotoMedia Technologies. Represented FotoMedia Technologies in patent infringement actions involving photo-sharing technologies.
- KeyBank and SunTrust. Member of trial team that defended against DataTreasury Corporation’s patent infringement action related to electronic check imaging.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation. Participated on team that represented Lockheed in complex commercial matters involving antitrust, anti-competition, and trade secrets related to various aircraft parts and systems.
- LML Patent Corp. Member of team that represents LML in a patent infringement matter related to checkwriting point of sale system.
- Novartis Vaccines & Diagnostics. Member of team that represented Novartis in a patent infringement action.
- Safeway Inc. Represented Safeway, Randall’s Food & Drugs LP, and Blackhawk Marketing, Inc. in a complex commercial and trade secret matter and patent infringement action involving fuel dispensing systems and product discount/incentive methods and systems.
Professional & Community Activities
- Dallas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Austin Asian American Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Minority Bar Association