- J.D., summa cum laude, SMU Dedman School of Law, Order of the Coif, Hatton W. Sumners Scholar, 2011.
- B.A., Political Science and Spanish, Valedictorian, St. Edward's University, Presidential Award recipient, 2008.
- State of New York
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Angela Vorpahl is an associate in the New York office of McKool Smith. Her practice focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Angela clerked for The Honorable Reed O'Connor in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
While attending law school, she was a judicial intern for The Honorable Barbara M.G. Lynn in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, served as Executive Editor of the SMU Law Review, and worked at the Dallas County District Attorney's Office, the Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, and the SMU Criminal Justice Clinic.
- Apache v. Pioneer Natural Resources (189th Judicial District, Harris County, Texas): Represents Apache and its Argentine subsidiaries in a breach of contract claim relating to the purchase of Argentine oil and gas assets.
- BMC Software v. ServiceNow (E.D. Tex.): Represented BMC in a patent infringement action against ServiceNow involving IT management solutions.
- ContentGuard v. Amazon, et al. (E.D. Tex.): Represented ContentGuard in a patent infringement lawsuit involving digital rights management technology.
- Parallel Networks v. IBM (D. Del.): Represents Parallel Networks in a patent infringement lawsuit against IBM involving dynamic Web page generation technology.
- Parallel Networks v. Microsoft (D. Del.): Represents Parallel Networks in a patent infringement lawsuit against Microsoft involving dynamic Web page generation technology.
- Ericsson v. Samsung (ITC): Represented Ericsson in a patent infringement dispute against Samsung, including two ITC trials (one offensive and one defensive), involving standard essential and implementation patents related to LTE, WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and 802.11 wireless technology.
- Gemalto v. HTC, et al. (E.D. Tex.): Represented Gemalto, a leading manufacturer of smart-cards, in a patent infringement lawsuit involving the use of the Java programming language on resource-constrained devices.