- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist Dedman School of Law, 2010
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 2000. Engineering Scholar and University Scholar, 1996-2000
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Ashley Moore is an experienced trial attorney focused on patent litigation. She has successfully briefed and argued numerous issues, and taken witnesses on direct and cross-examination in courtroom victories before juries, judges, and arbitration panels.
Ms. Moore represents companies of all sizes across various technologies from the oil field to the operating room, including hydraulic fracturing, cardiac stent coatings, integrated circuitry, photolithography, supply chain planning, MICR check processing, fiber optic networks, digital asset transfer, wireless networking, and cellular technologies.
Ms. Moore also has significant experience prosecuting patents before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Before joining McKool Smith, she counseled industry leaders in protecting and licensing their technology assets at a large, national law firm.
- i2 Technologies. Ms. Moore represented i2 against SAP in a patent infringement action involving supply chain management software. The case resulted in a multi-million dollar payment to i2 shortly after the Markman hearing.
- Ericsson. Ms. Moore represents Ericsson in a variety of licensing and litigation matters, including Ericsson v. D-Link et al., a patent infringement action involving wireless 802.11 technologies in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Halliburton. Ms. Moore represents Halliburton in a multi-phase arbitration related to several hydraulic fracture patents.
Professional & Community Activities
- Associate member, The Honorable Barbara M. G. Lynn Inn of Court
- Registered Patent Agent
- Phi Delta Phi