- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist Dedman School of Law, 2010
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 2000. Engineering Scholar and University Scholar, 1996-2000
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Ashley Moore is a principal in McKool Smith's Dallas office focused on patent litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants. She has taken witnesses on direct and cross-examination in courtroom victories before juries, judges, and arbitration panels. She has also successfully briefed and argued numerous issues at Markman, pre-trial, and post-trial hearings.
Ms. Moore represents companies of all sizes with technologies ranging from the oil field to the operating room, including hydraulic fracturing, cardiac stent coatings, integrated circuitry, semiconductor manufacturing, over-the-air device provisioning, wireless push messaging, supply chain planning, MICR check processing, fiber optic networks, digital asset transfer, wireless networking, and cellular networking.
Ms. Moore also has significant experience prosecuting patents before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Before joining McKool Smith, she counseled industry leaders in protecting and licensing their technology assets at a large, national law firm.
- Summit 6 v. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Facebook Inc., et al.: Ms. Moore represents Summit 6 in its suit against Samsung, Facebook, and others involving infringement of patents related to image compression prior to transmission. Ms. Moore briefed and argued terms at Markman, and took expert witnesses at the jury trial on liability and the subsequent bench trial on inequitable conduct. Summit 6 obtained favorable settlements from all parties except Samsung before trial. And in early 2013, a jury awarded a significant amount to Summit 6 in its verdict against Samsung.
- Ericsson v. D-Link, et al.: Ms. Moore represents Ericsson in its patent infringement action against Intel and a number of laptop and router manufacturers involving 802.11n wireless technology. Ms. Moore briefed and argued issues at both the Markman and pre-trial hearings in this case. In mid-2013, a jury awarded a substantial amount to Ericsson for the defendants’ infringement of Ericsson’s patented technology.
Professional & Community Activities
- Associate member, The Honorable Barbara M. G. Lynn Inn of Court
- Registered Patent Agent
- Phi Delta Phi
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized in the Benchmark Litigation "Under 40 Hot List," which honors the achievements of the nation’s most accomplished legal partners of the age of forty or younger. (2016)
- Named a Texas "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2015-2016).
- August 23, 2016
- March 23, 2016
- McKool Smith Associate Ashley Moore Gives Interview about Women in Law on Bethany Williams’ WIT Network ShowJune 5, 2015
- March 6, 2015
- "Wyeth, Cordis Stent Patents Are Invalid, Judge Says" McKool Smith client Medtronic wins summary judgment in patent defense caseJanuary 20, 2012
- January 1, 2016
- September 23, 2015
- June 27, 2013
- April 5, 2013