- J.D., with high honors, University of Florida. Senior Articles Editor, Florida Law Review. Order of the Coif
- Ph.D, Nuclear Physics, Duke University
- B.S., Physics, Florida State University
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Louisiana
- Inactive Member Bars of Georgia and Florida
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
Bill Wilson is a Principal in the Dallas office of McKool Smith. His practice deals with complex commercial litigation.
Prior to joining McKool Smith, Mr. Wilson was an experimental nuclear physicist, a partner in Glenn, Rasmussen, Fogarty & Merryday in Tampa, Florida, and the General Counsel of Mobil Corporation's affiliates in Indonesia and Germany.
- State of New Mexico. Represented State of New Mexico Land Office in an action against CO2 producers to recover royalties owed. Resulted in favorable settlement for client.
- Gulf South Pipeline Co. Defended Gulf South Pipeline Company, L.P. and GS Pipeline Co., L.L.C. against claims by property owners under the federal Pipeline Safety Act. Resulted in favorable settlement for client.
- Pioneer Natural Resources USA, Inc. Handled Pioneer’s appeal of an adverse trial judgment involving an oil and gas lease. Obtained final order reversing and rendering judgment in favor of Pioneer.