- M.B.A., Cox School of Business, Southern Methodist University, 1993
- J.D., Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, 1991
- M.S.E.E., Southern Methodist University, 1988
- B.S.E.E., Rice University, 1986
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal and Fifth Circuits
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
Darryl Burke is a Principal in the Dallas office of McKool Smith whose practice deals primarily with intellectual property litigation.
- Ericsson. Represented Ericsson in several patent infringement actions, all involving multiple patents covering various aspects of digital cellular telephone and wireless communication. Ericsson v. Qualcomm; Harris v. Ericsson and Ericsson v. Interdigital Corporation.
- Parental Guide of Texas. Represented owner of a patent covering the V-Chip in its patent infringement action against the entire television manufacturing industry. Parental Guide of Texas v. Funai, et al.
- North American Trade Corp. Represented North American Trade Corp. as a defendant in a patent case involving digital recording and telephony functions. Phonetel v. North American Trade Corp.
- Unisonic Products Corp. Represented defendant Unisonic Products Corp. in patent infringement action involving analog telephone technology. Premier Networks v. Unisonic Products Corp.
- Dallas Semiconductor. Represented plaintiff, Dallas Semiconductor, in patent infringement action involving integrated circuits. Dallas Semiconductor v. Crystal Semiconductor.
- Primeco. Represented PrimeCo Personal Communications, now Verizon, as the trademark owner, in a trademark action involving trademark infringement and anti-dilution of trademarks in telecommunications industry, which resulted in BellSouth immediately removing objectionable signage and stopping all ojectionable advertising. Primeco Personal Communications v. BellSouth.
- Quiktrip. Represented Quiktrip in trademark infringement action involving trademarks in convenience store industry. Quiktrip v. Genenico Distributors.
- Intel. Represented Intel in defense of patent claims involving parallel processing. Intergraph v. Intel.
- Playtex. Represented Playtex in patent infringement litigation. IPA v. Playtex Product.
Professional & Community Activities
- Texas Society of Professional Engineers
- Registered Professional Engineer