- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 1976
- M.S.E.E., with Honors, University of Texas at Austin, 1967
- B.S.E.E., with Honors, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1965
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The U.S. District Courts for the State of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State Bar of Texas
- Austin Bar Association
Gordon White is a Principal in the Austin office of McKool Smith, where he has represented both plaintiff and defendants in patent litigation, especially as it relates to complex electrical technology, telecommunications, including computer hardware and computer software.
- i4i Limited Partnership and Infrastructures for Information Inc. i4i Limited Partnership v. Microsoft Corporation. Represents i4i Limited Partnership and Infrastructures for Information Inc. in a suit filed against Microsoft Corporation for patent infringement involving a method and system for manipulating architecture and content of a document separately from each other. After an seven-day trial, the jury found the patent valid and infringed, rendering a verdict in favor of i4i Limited Partnership and Infrastructures for Information Inc.
- Texas MP3 Technologies, Ltd. Texas MP3 Technologies, Ltd. v. Samsung et al.Represented Texas MP3 Technologies, Ltd. in a suit filed against Samsung, Apple, and SanDisk for patent infringement involving portable audio devices capable of reproducing MPEG-encoded data. The case settled prior to a Markman hearing.
- American Video Graphics. Represented plaintiff AVG in patent infringement actions involving computer graphics and operating system software. American Video Graphics v. Microsoft; American Video Graphics v. Hewlett-Packard Co., et al.; American Video Graphics v. Electronic Arts, Inc. et al.; American Video Graphics v. Sony Online Entertainment Inc. et al.
- Ericsson. Mr. White represented Ericsson in a patent infringement action, Ericsson v. Qualcomm, involving digital cellular telephony technology. Also in Digicom v. Ericsson and Ericsson v. IDC.
- Baldor Electric Co. Represented Baldor Electric in Kollmorgen Corp. v. Baldor Electric Co., a patent infringement action regarding control systems for brushless motors; in Baldor Electric v. Alan W. Wilkerson, et al, a patent infringement action involving regeneration technology using motor generators; and in Cravens L. Wanlass et al. v. Baldor Electric, a patent infringement case regarding electric motors.
- Newbridge Networks Corp. Mr. White represented Newbridge Network Corp. in a patent infringement action, Lucent Technologies, Inc. v. Newbridge Networks Corp. involving patents of package switching in telecommunication switching networks.
- Parental Guide of Texas. Mr. White represented Parental Guide of Texas in its patent infringement action against the entire television manufacturing industry in Parental Guide of Texas v. Funai, et al. concerning the use of “V-Chip” technology.
- Tiawianese Semiconductor Manufacturing Company. Represented TSMC in defense of patent infringement claims in the Lemelson Medical, Education & Research Foundation, Limited Partnership v. Intel, Cypress Semiconductor and TSMC, litigation involving claims of patent infringement by ion implanters and semiconductor integrated circuits.
- Infineon Technologies, A.G. Represented Infineon Technologies, A.G. in Staktek Group, L.P. v. Infineon Technologies, A.G., a patent infringement action involving stacked high density memory packages.
Professional & Community Activities
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- IPLA section of the American Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
Mr. White is consistently recognized for excellence by many of the country’s most noteworthy legal publications and rankings:
- Recognized in the 2015 edition of "Best Lawyers in America" for Intellectual Property and Patent Litigation
- Ranked as a leading intellectual property lawyer by Chambers USA. In the 2014 edition, he is described as "a gifted litigator on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in matters involving computer hardware, software and telecommunications." The publication also notes that he has a “great presence as a trial lawyer.”
- Named an "IP Star" by Managing IP (2013-2015)
- Named a "National IP Litigation Star" and "Texas Litigation Star" by Benchmark Plaintiff
- In the 2012 edition of Legal 500, he is described as a ‘highly innovative, technically knowledgeable and experienced patent litigator’
- His work in intellectual property litigation and patent litigation has also earned him recognition in Best Lawyers in America
- Highly regarded by his peers, who have named him to the Texas Super Lawyers list every year since 2003
- September 5, 2014
- August 18, 2014
- June 17, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- November 2013
- September 9, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- June 18, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- November 2012
- September 10, 2012
- August 27, 2012
- June 1, 2012
- November 22, 2011
- September 13, 2011
- June 3, 2011
- September 2, 2010
- June 21, 2010
- McKool Smith's Intellectual Property and White Collar Defense Practices Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA rankingsJune 10, 2010
- May 7, 2010
- March 29, 2010
- August 6, 2009
- October 13, 2008
- September 15, 2008
- August 1, 2008
- June 13, 2008
- October 10, 2007
- October 1, 2007
- June 9, 2011
- December 22, 2009
- August 11, 2009
- May 20, 2009