- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2008. Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal, Editorial Board, Executive Articles Editor 2007-2008. National Champion, Giles Sutherland Rich Interscholastic Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University, 2003
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
Jared Hoggan is an associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith, where he concentrates on patent litigation. Jared rejoined McKool Smith after a clerkship with the Honorable Kimberly Moore of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Prior to law school, Jared worked as an engineer in the automotive industry, focusing on the design and manufacturing of automotive glass products.
- Medtronic. Mr. Hoggan represents Medtronic in a patent infringement suit relating to drug-eluting stent technology.
- MagSil and MIT. Represented MagSil and MIT in a Delaware patent infringement suit involving pioneering hard disk drive technology.
- i2 Technologies, Inc. (now JDA Software Group). Mr. Hoggan represented i2 in a patent infringement action involving supply chain planning and application management patents. The parties reached a settlement agreement following the pretrial conference.
- Affiliated Computer Services. Mr. Hoggan represented ACS in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by JPMorgan Chase in the District of Delaware, alleging infringement of patents regarding stored-value cards. The case settled favorably for the firm’s clients shortly before the pretrial conference.
- Affiliated Computer Services. Represented ACS in a contract dispute related to private aviation acquisitions.