- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2008. Texas Intellectual Property Law Journal, Editorial Board, Executive Articles Editor 2007-2008. National Champion, Giles Sutherland Rich Interscholastic Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University, 2003
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Federal and Fifth Circuits
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of Texas
Jared Hoggan is an associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith, where he concentrates on patent litigation. Jared rejoined McKool Smith after a clerkship with the Honorable Kimberly Moore of the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Prior to law school, Jared worked as an engineer in the automotive industry, focusing on the design and manufacturing of automotive glass products.
- AT&T. Mr. Hoggan represents AT&T in litigation in the Eastern district of Texas defending a patent infringement suit related to downloadable content and mobile messaging technologies.
- AT&T. Mr. Hoggan represents AT&T in a patent infringement action against Cox Communications in the District of Delaware related to data transfer, VoIP, and cable television technologies.
- Ericsson. Mr. Hoggan represents Ericsson in patent infringement litigation with TCL involving cellular telecommunication technologies.
- Unwired Planet. Mr. Hoggan represents Unwired Planet in an appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit from litigation related to wireless internet technologies.
- Rockstar Consortium. Mr. Hoggan represented Rockstar in patent infringement lawsuits in the Eastern District of Texas and Northern District of California against Samsung, Google, ASUS, LG, HTC, Pantech, and ZTE involving a number of patents related to mobile handset technology.
- Ericsson. Mr. Hoggan represented Ericsson in its patent infringement dispute against Samsung in the International Trade Commission and district court related to LTE, WCDMA, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, and 802.11 wireless technology.
- In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig Deepwater Horizon. Mr. Hoggan represented Halliburton and Sperry Sun in the MDL litigation related to the Macondo/Deepwater Horizon blowout.
- Solid State Storage Solutions, Inc. Mr. Hoggan represented Solid State Storage Solutions in litigation asserting foundational flash memory patents against manufacturers of bleeding edge SSDs. Defendants settled following favorable rulings from the Federal Circuit on Mandamus petitions.
- i2 Technologies, Inc. (now JDA Software Group). Mr. Hoggan represented i2 as a plaintiff in patent litigation against SAP and Oracle. i2 asserted a number of patents related to supply chain planning and application management. SAP settled shortly after the Markman hearing, and Oracle settled following the pretrial conference.
- Medtronic. Mr. Hoggan represents Medtronic in a patent infringement suit relating to drug-eluting stent technology.
- MagSil and MIT. Mr. Hoggan represented MagSil and MIT in a Delaware patent infringement suit involving pioneering hard disk drive technology.
- Affiliated Computer Services. Mr. Hoggan represented ACS in a patent infringement lawsuit brought by JPMorgan Chase in the District of Delaware, alleging infringement of patents regarding stored-value cards. The case settled favorably for the firm’s clients shortly before the pretrial conference.
- Affiliated Computer Services. Mr. Hoggan represented ACS in a contract dispute related to private aviation acquisitions.