- J.D., summa cum laude, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2009.
- B.E., Chemical Engineering, The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, 2004.
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Lauren Fornarotto is an Associate in the New York office of McKool Smith. She focuses primarily on intellectual property litigation. Lauren has handled matters that include patent litigation relating to chemical engineering patents, ANDA litigation, and breach of a patent-license agreement.
Prior to joining the firm, Lauren was a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP. While in law school, Lauren was an Alexander Fellow, serving as a law clerk for the Honorable Colleen McMahon at the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, where she researched and drafted opinions on various matters, including patent infringement and copyright infringement cases.
Before attending law school, Lauren worked as a chemical process engineer at ABB Lummus Global Inc. (now known as Lummus Technology), where she designed chemical conversion processes for oil refineries and ethylene plants. Lauren also worked as a chemical engineering intern at Merck & Co., Inc. as an undergraduate student.
Awards & Recognition
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in New York by Super Lawyers (2014)
- September 26, 2014