- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2011.
- B.A., History and Philosophy, High Honors, The University of Texas, 2008. Phi Beta Kappa.
- The State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern District of Texas
Mitchell R. Sibley is an associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith. He focuses on intellectual property and commercial litigation.
While attending law school, Mitchell was Staff Editor and Articles Editor of the SMU Law Review. He was also a Semifinalist in both the Comment Competition and Casenote Competition.
Also during law school, Mitchell was a judicial intern for The Honorable Marcia A. Crone in the Eastern District of Texas, and The Honorable Susan Hawk in the 291st Judicial District Court in Dallas. He also held an internship position with the Dallas County Public Defender's Office.
- Summit 6 LLC v. Research in Motion, et al. Mr. Sibley represents Summit 6 in a patent infringement lawsuit against Research in Motion, Facebook, Samsung, Multiply, and Photobucket. This matter is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas and is set for trial in early 2013.
- VirnetX, Inc. v. Cisco Systems, Inc., et al. Mr. Sibley represents VirnetX in a patent infringement lawsuit alleging infringement of VirnetX’s network security patents by Cisco, Apple, Aastra, and NEC. The McKool Smith team won a jury verdict against Apple in late 2012 that included findings of infringement and validity for all asserted claims. This matter is currently pending in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas. A second trial addressing VirnetX’s claims against Cisco is scheduled for early 2013.
- June 27, 2013
- April 5, 2013
- November 6, 2012