- J.D., 1997, New York University School of Law
- M.S., Engineering, 1993, University of Texas at Austin
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1992, cum laude, Rice University
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Texas
- Federal Circuit Bar Association
Mr. Hubert’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation, including patent infringement matters in complex electrical and computer related technology. Mr. Hubert is a former Federal Circuit clerk (chambers of Honorable Pauline Newman, 1997-1999), and has experience in various federal courts as well as the International Trade Commission.
Prior to joining McKool Smith, Mr. Hubert was a partner at a large multinational New-York-City-based firm.
Mr. Hubert has been recognized by his peers as a "Texas Super Lawyer" in IP Litigation.
Recently, Mr. Hubert was part of a trial team that obtained a jury verdict of infringement and validity of every claim at issue.
Since joining McKool Smith:
KeyOvation v. Kinesis, No. 09-cv-00144 (W.D.Tex.), lead attorney in declaratory judgment action, dismissed with patentee taking nothing.
- Rambus Inc.
Rambus Inc. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. et al., No. 05-cv-02298 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. NVIDIA Corporation, No. 08-cv-03343 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. NVIDIA Corporation, No. 10-cv-05448 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. Broadcom Corporation, No. 10-cv-05437 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. Mediatek Inc., No. 10-cv-05447 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Hynix Semiconductor Inc. et al. v. Rambus Inc., No. 00-cv-20905, (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. Hynix Semiconductor Inc. et al., No. 05-cv-00334 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. Micron Technology, Inc., et al. (No. 06-cv-00244, N.D.Cal.), pending.
Rambus Inc. v. LSI Corporation, No. 10-cv-05446 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
Rambus Inc. v. STMicroelectronics, No. 10-cv-05449 (N.D.Cal.), settled.
- British Technology Group
In the Matter of Certain MLC Flash Memory Devices and Products Containing Same, No. 337-TA-683 (International Trade Commission), settled.
- Realtime Data, LLC
Realtime Data, LLC v. Morgan Stanley et al., No. 1:11-cv-6696 (S.D.N.Y.); Realtime Data, LLC v. CME, et al., No. 1:11-cv-6697 (S.D.N.Y.); and Realtime Data, LLC v. Thomson Reuters, et al., No. 1:11-cv-6698 (S.D.N.Y.), pending.
- Gemalto S.A.
Gemalto S.A. v. HTC Corp., et al. (E.D.Tex.), pending.
Professional & Community Activities
- Council Member, Intellectual Property Section, State Bar of Texas
- President, Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, 2010
- Officer, Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, 2006-2010
- University of Texas School of Law, Giles Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Coach (coached several national championship teams)
Awards & Recognition
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer, and Texas Rising Star multiple times.
- September 9, 2013
- September 10, 2012
- March 26, 2010
- March 25, 2009
- August 1, 2008
- February 7, 2007
"Inter Partes Reexamination," presented to Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, May 2004.
"Inventorship," presented to in-house patent attorneys of a Fortune 500 Client.
"Phillips Panel,"Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, 2005.