- J.D., Columbia University Law School, 1971
- B.A., Economics, Georgetown University, 1968
- State of California
- State of Arizona
- District of Columbia
- Los Angeles County Bar Associate
- American Bar Association
Robert Palmer is a Principal in the Los Angeles office of McKool Smith Hennigan. Mr. Palmer specializes in complex litigation and trial practice, with special focus on disputes relating to banking and finance, securities, real estate, and the False Claims Act.
Mr. Palmer joined the firm in 1995. Prior to joining the firm, for many years Mr. Palmer was a litigation partner in the Phoenix, Arizona law firm of Osborn Maledon.
Professional & Community Activities
- Law Clerk to Hon. Harold Leventhal, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, 1971-1972
- Assistant Special Prosecutor for Watergate Special Prosecution Force, U.S. Department of Justice, 1973-74
- President of Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest, 1990-92
- Board of Directors, Arizona Center for Law in the Public Interest, 1988-1995
- Board of Directors, Trial Practice Inn of Court of the Los Angeles County Bar Association,1999-2002
Awards & Recognition
- AV(T) Peer Review Rated
- Southern California Super Lawyers 2006-2013
- Notes and Comments Editor, Columbia Law Review
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- October 2, 2012The National Law Journal
- April 2012The Computer & Internet Lawyer
- “Mediation Process and Pitfalls,” Practising Law Institute, Litigation and Administrative Practice Course Handbook Series, “Bet the Company” Litigation 2012; September 2012.