- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1984. Citations Editor, Journal of Air Law & Commerce, Order of the Coif
- M.A. 1977, B.A. 1971 with Honors, Stephen F. Austin State University
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Fifth and Federal Circuits
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Board of Governors of the Bar Association for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1991 to date
- Bar Association for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, President 1999-2000 Harrison County Bar Association, President 1990-1992
- Northeast Texas Bar Association, President 1991-1992
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association, Fellow
Rosemary Tyson Snider is a Principal in the Dallas office of McKool Smith whose practice concentrates on complex commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Ms. Snider specializes in motion practice, trial preparation and briefing, and appellate briefing.
Canyon Ridge Resort, LLC. Canyon Ridge Resort, LLC et al. v. Sterne Agee & Leach, Inc. et al. Representing a hotel development firm against an investment bank for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty and breach of contract.
Ericsson Inc. Ericsson v. Qualcomm. Represented Ericsson in multi-patent infringement case against Qualcomm regarding digital cellular telephony. Resulted in favorable settlement for client. In Ericsson v. Harris, she represented Ericsson in briefing of patent appeal in the Federal Circuit.
- El Paso Gas Co. Sonat Exploration Co. v. Cudd Pressure Control. Represented El Paso Gas Co. (f/k/a Sonat Exploration Co.) in the trial of the breach of an oilfield indemnity agreement. Resulted in favorable verdict for client.
- Pride Companies L.P. Pride v. Varde Partners, Inc. Represented Pride in a contract dispute with its lender. Resulted in a favorable decision for the client.
- Arterial Vascular Engineering, Inc. Anwar, et al v. Arterial Vascular Engineering, Inc., et al. Represented Arterial Vascular Engineering in the defense of a breach of fiduciary duty and fraud suit brought by two shareholders that settled favorably during trial. Successfully petitioned for mandamus relief numerous times concerning trial court’s resolution of pre-trial discovery disputes.
- Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst. Brandt v. Hicks, Muse & Co. Successfully defended Hicks, Muse & Co. in the trial and appeal of an adversary proceeding.
Professional & Community Activities
- The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit - Board of Governors President
Awards & Recognition
- Profiled in Chambers USA "Women in Law," 2012
- In 1992, was chosen as the Texas Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Bloomberg report: "Canyon Ridge lawsuit ends after four years and millions in payments to developer"July 7, 2015
- August 22, 2011
- June 21, 2010
- March 29, 2010
- March 16, 2009
- June 5, 2015
- Rosemary T. Snider Elected President of the Board of Governors of The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal CircuitMay 13, 2013
- May 1, 2013
- April 4, 2013
- November 6, 2012
- September 13, 2011
- July 6, 2011
- June 14, 2011
- June 9, 2011
- May 13, 2011
- March 16, 2010
- December 22, 2009
- McKool Smith Announces Secures Verdict for Texas Cities in Class Action Against Online Hotel Booking CompaniesOctober 30, 2009
- August 28, 2009
- August 11, 2009
- May 20, 2009
- April 24, 2009
- October 29, 2008
- May 27, 2008