- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Houston Law Center, 2010. Houston Law Review, Order of the Coif, Order of the Barons
- B.S., Biochemistry, magna cum laude, University of Texas at Dallas, May 2007
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Ryan Hargrave is an associate in McKool Smith's Dallas office. Her practice focuses on intellectual property litigation.
Prior to law school, Ryan conducted research involving synthetic chemistry designed to create novel, electrochemically active molecules. While attending law school, Ryan was a Notes and Comments Editor for the Houston Law Review and a judicial intern for Judge Jennifer Elrod of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and Judge Ewing Werlein, Jr. of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- VirnetX. Represents VirnetX Inc. in patent infringement suit related to systems and methods for efficiently creating secure communications.
- IN RE: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig Deepwater Horizon. Represents Halliburton in the litigation in the Eastern District of Louisiana related to the Deepwater Horizon blowout.
- MOSAID Technologies, Inc. Represents MOSAID in a patent infringement lawsuit involving technology relating to 802.11 compliant Wi-Fi devices.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies. Represented Bedrock in a patent infringement suit involving methods for efficiently removing expired data from information storage and retrieval systems. Following a six-day trial in Tyler, Texas, the jury found the patent infringed, valid, and awarded a royalty to Bedrock. The case then settled prior to the entry of judgment.
- November 6, 2012
- October 24, 2011Texas Lawyer