- J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1982
- B.A., Wesleyan University, 1972
- M.A., The Ohio State University, 1974
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- Dallas Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Fifth Circuit Bar Association
Sarah S. Anderson received a bachelor’s degree in Classics from Wesleyan University and a master’s degree in Classics from the Ohio State University. She received her law degree, cum laude, from the Southern Methodist University School of Law, and is a member of the Order of the Coif. Sarah was admitted to the Texas Bar in 1982 and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. Prior to joining McKool Smith, Sarah was a partner at Cohan, Simpson, Cowlishaw & Wulff.
Ms. Anderson’s experience covers trial and appellate work in a wide range of commercial litigation matters, including matters in the areas of antitrust, lender liability, insurance agent malpractice, securities litigation, attorney malpractice, insurance coverage litigation, commercial fraud, oil and gas litigation, and deceptive trade practices. She has argued before the federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and filed briefs with the United States Supreme Court.
- i4i Limited Partnership and Infrastructures for Information Inc. Microsoft Corp. v. i4i Ltd. P'ship, 131 S. Ct. 2238, 180 L. Ed. 2d 131; 2011 U.S. LEXIS 4376 ( U.S. 2011). Involved in this landmark patent infringement case from pretrial through briefing in the United States Supreme Court. The Supreme Court affirmed the largest jury verdict to that date for patent infringement, and settled the question of the standard of proof for invalidity defenses.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation. Represented Lockheed Martin in an antitrust suit involving contracts with foreign governments.
- ORIX Capital Markets. Represented ORIX in disputes involving multi-billion dollar real estate mortgage securities.
- EDS. Represented EDS in several multi-billion dollar contract dispute fast-track arbitrations, all of which were settled favorably to the client.
- Gulf South Pipeline Co. Represented Gulf South in a suit by property owners under the federal Pipeline Safety Act.
- Highland Capital Management. Represented Highland Capital Management in suit against investment bankers for wrongful termination of a portfolio management contract.
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
Awards & Recognition
· Order of the Coif
· Martindale Hubbell® Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers™
- June 9, 2011
- December 22, 2009
- August 11, 2009
- May 20, 2009