- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Biopsychology, University of Michigan, 2007
- B.A., Dance Performance, University of Michigan, 2007.
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Prior to law school, Stacie researched the role of the posterior paraventricular thalamus and medial prefrontal cortex in hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal responses to repeated stressors, as well as the interactions between glucocorticoids in desynchronized circadian systems.
During law school, Stacie traveled to South Africa to research the interplay between international patent laws and the barriers that prohibit access to HIV/AIDS medications. Stacie also authored an article titled "Joint Infringement After BMC: The Demise of Process Patents," published in the Loyola University Chicago Law Journal, and served as a fellow for the Chicago Intellectual Property Colloquium.
Stacie is an active member of the Junior League of Dallas and volunteers for Refugee and Empowerment Services.
- VirnetX Inc. v. Cisco Systems, Inc., et al. Represents VirnetX Inc. in patent infringement suit related to systems and methods for efficiently creating secure communications.
- In re Oil Spill by the Oil Rig Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010. In conjunction with trial team, represented Halliburton Energy Services, Inc., working closely with expert witnesses on issues related to cement chemistry, additives, and laboratory testing.
- Aloft Media, LLC v. Oracle Corporation, et al. Represented Halliburton Company and Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. in patent infringement suit alleging infringement of two patents related to decision making computer software. Obtained favorable settlement just prior to claim construction hearing.
- Main Hastings, LLC v. Halliburton Company. Represented Halliburton in suit alleging false marking in relation to Halliburton’s shale fracturing technologies and casing and drillpipe cutter products. The Court granted Halliburton’s motion to dismiss for failure to state a claim, resulting in a dismissal with prejudice.
- Bedrock Computer Technologies, Inc. v. Google, Inc. Represented Bedrock in patent infringement suit related to a method of improving the speed and efficiency of web servers. The parties entered settlement prior to the entry of judgment.
- Kilts' Resources, LLC v. Halliburton Company. Represented Halliburton in suit alleging false marking in relation to Halliburton’s chemical systems for sand control in oil wells. Obtained early voluntary dismissal by plaintiff.
- In re Lake at Las Vegas Joint Venture, LLC, et al. Represents creditor trustee in fraudulent transfer suit.
Professional & Community Activities
Stacie is a member of the Ryan White Planning Council of the Dallas Area and sits on the Council's Planning and Priorities Committee.
- November 6, 2012