As part of our continued commitment to recruit, retain, and promote a diverse team of lawyers, we are awarding Diversity Scholarships to support outstanding diverse law students. We will be awarding up to $30,000 to one to four recipients.
- $10,000 on starting as a 1L summer (if applicable)
- $10,000 after successful completion of 1L summer (if applicable) and on starting as a 2L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 2L summer and on starting as an associate
Scholarship applicants must be current first or second-year law school students enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school who are students of color, members of the LGBTQ , differently abled, or veteran communities, or whose background or experience would otherwise contribute to the diversity of the legal profession. Applicants should not be a recipient of a diversity award or scholarship from another law firm.
Please complete the below application and submit along with the submission requirements. If you have questions, please contact <a href
- Completed Application
- Cover Letter
- Legal Writing Sample
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement of 500 words or less regarding commitment to diversity and inclusion, desire to pursue a career as a civil trial attorney, and interest in McKool Smith
Applications are considered on a rolling basis beginning October 15, 2020.
Deadline: December 31, 2020