As part of our continued commitment to recruit, retain, and promote a diverse team of lawyers, we are awarding Diversity Scholarships to support outstanding diverse 1L & 2L law students. We will be awarding up to $30,000 to one to six recipients.
- $10,000 on starting as a 1L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 1L summer and on starting as a 2L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 2L summer and on starting as an associate
Scholarship applicants must be current first or second year law school students enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school who are students of color, members of the LGBTQ , persons with a disability, or veteran communities, or whose background or experience would otherwise contribute to the diversity of the legal profession. Applicants should not be a recipient of a diversity award or scholarship from another law firm.
We will accept 2022 Diversity Scholarship applications starting December 1, 2021. If you have questions, please contact Diversity@mckoolsmith.com.
- Completed Application
- Cover Letter
- Legal Writing Sample
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement of 500 words or less regarding commitment to diversity and inclusion, desire to pursue a career as a civil trial attorney, and interest in McKool Smith
Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications are considered on a rolling basis beginning in December each school year.