McKool Smith Principal Laurie Fitzgerald will moderate a panel titled “Economists: Do they have a place?” at the third annual Patents in Telecom and The Internet of Things conference, scheduled for November 9-10, 2017 in Washington, D.C. The conference will be an unique gathering of industry, the judiciary and regulators from the US, Europe and Asia, organized by Professor Sir Robin Jacob (the Sir Hugh Laddie Chair of Intellectual Property at UCL Laws) and Professor Marty Adelman, Co-Director of the Dean Dinwoodey Center for Intellectual Property Studies of George Washington University’s Faculty of Law. Key topics to be covered at the conference are:
- Who should decide FRAND terms when parties cannot agree?
- The Internet of Things I – Legal and Economic Licensing Issues
- The Internet of Things II – Practical Licensing Issues
- Competition and Policy Towards Standard Setting
- Injunctions – Europe and the rest of the world
- FRAND Disputes
- Update on The Unitary Patent Court
- Economists: Do They Have a Place?
- The Telecoms Ecosystem
- Patent Assertion Entities
For more information, or to register, please click here.