McKool Smith announced that veteran trial lawyer Blair M. Jacobs has joined the firm as a principal in its Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Jacobs has more than three decades of experience representing clients nationwide in complex intellectual property and trade secret disputes.
Media Coverage can be found here:
- "McKool Opens in DC, Expecting IP Client Demand From Biden Policy Changes," The National Law Journal (06-02-2021)
"Trial attorney Blair Jacobs has left Paul Hastings to launch a Washington, D.C., office for Dallas-based McKool Smith. Jacobs said he expects more lawyers from Paul Hastings and elsewhere to join him, with possibly a dozen McKool Smith lawyers in D.C. by the end of the year."
- "McKool Smith Snaps Up Trial Vet From Paul Hastings," Law360 (06-02-2021)
"McKool Smith PC has picked up a litigator from Paul Hastings LLP who regularly defends companies such as Samsung, Qualcomm and HTC in big-ticket intellectual property cases to build the firm's trial practice in Washington, D.C."
- "McKool Smith Nabs Veteran Patent Litigator from Paul Hastings," Reuters (06-02-2021)
"Texas-based trial firm McKool Smith announced its hiring of seasoned patent litigator Blair Jacobs from Paul Hastings on Wednesday, adding to recent growth in its intellectual property practice."
- "Wake Up Call," Bloomberg Law (06-02-2021)
"Trial firm McKool Smith hired intellectual property trial veteran Blair Jacobs as a principal in Washington. He arrives from Paul Hastings."
- News Digest, World Trademark Review (06-04-2021)
"McKool Smith welcomes IP trial veteran – McKool Smith has announced that Blair M. Jacobs has joined the firm as a principal in its Washington DC office. Jacobs has more than three decades of experience representing clients in complex IP and trade secret disputes. "
- "IP Hires: O’Melveny, McKool Smith, Sen. Marco Rubio," Law360 (06-04/2021)
"Jacobs joins the firm as a principal after a six-year stint as a partner with Paul Hastings, and will work alongside recent McKool Smith hires including the former acting general counsel of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and a telecommunications litigator who clocked a decade as a partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP."
- "Washington-Area Appointments and Promotions," The Washington Post, (06-06-2021)
"McKool Smith of the District appointed Blair Jacobs principal."
- "Skilled in the Art: Sen. Tillis Hits All the Patent Hot Spots in Queries of CAFC Nominee + Federal Circuit Puts Section 101 Back on the Front Burner + It's Gamesmanship v. Sandbagging in Latest Venue Dispute," Law.com (06-14-2021)
"Another week, another high-profile hire for McKool Smith. Veteran IP trial lawyer Blair Jacobs has joined the firm from Paul Hastings. He’s based in Washington, where McKool recently added Nick Matich from the USPTO and Alan Whitehurst from Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. Jacobs told my ALM colleague Bruce Love there’s more where that came from. “I have colleagues that I’ve worked with in the past and colleagues that I’ve worked with at Paul Hastings who I expect will be joining,” Jacobs said."