Patent litigation star Christina Ondrick has joined the firm as a principal in its Washington, D.C. office. Ms. Ondrick represents Fortune 500 and emerging companies in patent litigation before district courts, the Federal Circuit, and the International Trade Commission (ITC).
Media Coverage can be found below:
- "McKool Smith Adds 2nd IP Litigator From Paul Hastings," Law360 (07-07-2021)
"McKool Smith announced Wednesday it had hired a former Paul Hastings LLP partner in Washington, D.C., where she'll continue litigating patent issues for Fortune 500 companies and emerging tech startups in district courts, the Federal Circuit and the International Trade Commission."
- "Irell to Open DC Office, With Plans to Recruit More," The National Law Journal (07-07-2021)
"Christina Ondrick was until this week a patent attorney at Paul Hastings for the last six years and joins McKool as a principal in its IP litigation group. Blair Jacobs, Alan Whitehurst and Nick Matich also recently joined to open the firm’s new D.C. office and at the time of his arrival, Jacobs told the National Law Journal to expect more lawyers from Paul Hastings and elsewhere to join him, with possibly a dozen McKool Smith lawyers in D.C. by the end of the year."
- "Patent Litigators Go Firm-Hoping Amid IP Practice Push," Reuters (07-08-2021)
".... The day before, trial firm McKool Smith tapped Paul Hastings' Christina Ondrick as a principal in Washington, D.C., "
- "Wake Up Call," Bloomberg Law (07-09-2021)
- "Skilled in the Art: Some Patents and IPRs Follow a Familiar Script," Law.com (07-09-2021)
"McKool Smith has added patent litigator Christina Ondrick to its fast-growing D.C. office. Ondrick is the second lawyer to join the firm from Paul Hastings in the last month, following Blair Jacobs.
Ondrick is a registered patent attorney with experience litigating disputes involving a wide range of technologies. “Christina’s arrival is a testament to our commitment to the DC market,” said David Sochia, McKool Smith’s managing principal, in a written statement. “She has significant trial experience in district court and the ITC, and she really knows her way around the Federal Circuit.”
McKool also added former USPTO acting GC Nick Matich to its D.C. office in December, and former Quinn Emanuel partner Alan Whitehurst in February."
- Career Tracker: Cannabis Practices Shore Up against Wave of Deals," Reuters (07/09/2021)
"McKool Smith added Christina Ondrick as principal in its intellectual property litigation group in Washington, D.C. Ondrick joins from Paul Hastings, where he was a patent attorney."
- "Washington-Area Appointments and Promotions," The Washington Post, (07/18/2021)
"McKool Smith of the District has appointed Christina Ondrick, Alan Whitehurst and Nick Matich principals."