Aimee Fagan is a principal in McKool Smith’s Dallas office. Aimee focuses on complex commercial litigation and intellectual property disputes in addition to pre-litigation and contract consulting matters. Her experience also includes trademark litigation, securities class actions, business torts, partnership disputes, theft of trade secrets, and breach of contract actions. Aimee’s clients include leading companies from the energy, investment/financial services, banking, medical, and pharmaceutical industries, among others.
Aimee has been recognized as a lawyer under 40 by D Magazine and has been named a Super Lawyers Texas "Rising Star" every year since 2005. She has also been recognized in the Dallas Business Journal’s listing of the top “40 Under 40” leading professionals. Aimee is the former chair of the Dallas Bar Association Business Litigation Section and the Dallas Bar Association Trial Skills Section.
Prior to joining McKool Smith, Aimee practiced in the Dallas office of Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP.
- Legacy Separators LLC v. Halliburton Energy Services Inc. Representing Halliburton as a defendant in a suit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and patent infringement. The technology at issue generally relates to downhole gas separators.
- Dynamic 3D Geosolutions LLC v. Halliburton Energy Services Inc., et al. Representing Halliburton in a suit alleging patent infringement related to 3-D imaging software for downhole applications.
- IN RE: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig Deepwater Horizon. Represented Halliburton and Sperry Sun, with focus on the development of expert and technical matters, in the MDL litigation related to the Macondo/Deepwater Horizon blowout. The case is currently pending in the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Mary Kay v. Michael Kors. Represented Michael Kors in trademark litigation with Mary Kay pending in the Northern District of Texas.
- Boulle Ltd. v. De Boulle Diamond & Jewelry Inc. Represented luxury jeweler in trademark litigation in the Northern District of Texas.
- Weatherford International Inc. and Weatherford/Lamb Inc. v. Halliburton and General Plastics & Composites L.P. Represented Halliburton and General Plastics in a patent suit related to a method of forming composite parts for use in downhole tools, such as frac plugs, bridge plugs, and packers.
- MCR Oil Tools v. Halliburton. Represented Halliburton in commercial litigation related to contractual rights to oil field tools technology.
- Bjorn Myklatun and Oil Innovation v. Halliburton Energy Services et al. Represented Halliburton in commercial litigation in the Western District of Oklahoma related to the joint development of microemulsions.
- Aloft Media LLC v. Oracle Corporation, et al. Represented Halliburton in patent litigation in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Realtimezone Inc. v. Halliburton Energy Services Inc. Represented Halliburton in commercial litigation in New Mexico.
- ReedHycalog UK Ltd. v. US Synthetic Corporation and Halliburton Energy Services Inc. Represented US Synthetic and Halliburton against patent infringement claims filed by ReedHycalog based on four patents related to leached diamond drill-bit cutting elements, in the Eastern District of Texas.
- MOSAID 802.11 Litigation. Represented MOSAID in 802.11 wifi patent litigation.
- Halliburton v. GeoGuidance, et al. Represented Halliburton in California litigation related to the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Main Hastings LLC v. Halliburton Company and Jet Research Center LLC. Represented Halliburton in patent litigation in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Kilts Resources LLC v. Halliburton Company et al. Represented Halliburton in patent litigation in the Eastern District of Texas.
- Aimee has also handled a significant number of securities litigation matters, high-stakes commercial litigation matters, and pre-litigation or contract consulting matters over the course of her career. Her experience includes securities class actions, business torts, partnership disputes, trademark disputes, theft of trade secrets, and breach of contract actions for the investment, banking, energy, medical, pharmaceutical, and securities industries.
Rankings & Honors
- Profiled in Chambers USA "Women in Law," 2012
- Named a Texas "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2005-2012
- Named one of the top 40 professionals under 40 by the Dallas Business Journal, June 2006
- Recognized by D Magazine as a "Top Attorney Under 40," based upon peer ratings, May 2006
- Fellow of the Dallas Bar Foundation
“My company has retained Aimee to assist with a number of litigation matters, including several complex intellectual property disputes that I have managed. Aimee (along with her colleagues at McKool Smith) has achieved outstanding results. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with Aimee.”
Top qualities: great results, personable, high integrity
Assistant General Counsel
“Aimee embodies the ideal for a lawyer you want on your side: the fierce loyalty and unflagging drive that every client deserves, the ethical standards and unparalleled competitiveness that other attorneys respect and the quiet strength and unquestionable knowledge that judges and juries trust. I was privileged to learn from her as a young lawyer and recommend her without hesitation for the most complex of matters.”
Watts Guerra Craft LLP
Community & Professional Activities
- Chair of the Dallas Bar Association's Business Litigation Section, 2011
- Former chair of the Dallas Bar Association's Trial Skills Section
- Attorneys Serving the Community, a charitable organization serving the Dallas community
News & Events
J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1998
B.A., Louisiana State University, 1994
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association