Alexander M. Sugzda’s practice focuses on the representation of policyholders in insurance recovery matters spanning a wide variety of types of coverage and businesses. He has worked on litigation teams for all phases of insurance coverage cases, from initial claim review through trial and appeal. Prior to joining the firm, he was a law clerk-extern for Justice Lawrence L. Koontz Jr. in the Supreme Court of Virginia.
While attending law school, Alexander was the editor-in-chief of the Washington & Lee Law Review and was the winner of the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association Award for outstanding achievement in trial advocacy. He also won the American Law Institute-CLE Scholarship & Leadership Award.
Rankings & Honors
- Ranked a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2018)
Media & Events
- Note, You’re Under Arrest – Say Ah: Suggestions for Legislatures Drafting Statutes Allowing for DNA Extraction from Arrestees, 70 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 1433
J.D., magna cum laude, Washington & Lee University School of Law, 2013
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2016
- New York, 2014