Anna K. Milunas is an associate in the firm’s Insurance Recovery Practice Group. Anna has experience in all aspects of federal and state civil litigation, from inception to trial. Her practice primarily focuses on assisting corporate policyholders in disputes with their insurance companies, securing revenue from insurance policies for her clients, and defending clients against antitrust claims and other commercial litigation matters.
In 2015, Anna was recognized as a “Top Attorney” by Pasadena Magazine. She is also one of two appellate advocates featured in the DVD accompanying the book Principles of Appellate Advocacy (Wolters Kluwer, 2013).
Prior to practicing law, Anna worked as a paralegal in the Investment Funds Practice Group for a large international law firm serving clients in multibillion dollar private equity fund formation and regulatory compliance. Anna also served as a legal researcher for the Under Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs within the Parliament of the United Kingdom, House of Commons, and as an intern for various elected members of the U.S. House and Senate.
Anna is actively involved in coaching Loyola Law School’s appellate advocacy competition teams, and participating in the Constitutional Rights Foundation’s trial advocacy program. As a law student, Anna was an award winning member of the American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition Team. Upon graduation, Anna was awarded a fellowship from the American Board of Trial Advocates which is given to a select group of promising trial lawyers in Los Angeles.
Prior to joining McKool Smith:
- Represented a large product manufacturer in an appeal concerning the applicability of workers' compensation exclusivity in products liability personal injury cases where an employee's industrial related injury is exacerbated as a result of using the employer manufacturer's product at home. The California Court of Appeal ruled in favor of the manufacturer and certified the decision for publication.
News & Events
J.D., Loyola Law School, 2012
B.A., magna cum laude, The George Washington University, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2012
- California, 2012