Christine Woodin is an Associate in the Austin office of McKool Smith. Christine’s practice focuses primarily on intellectual property litigation, including cases involving standard essential patents subject to FRAND or RAND obligations. Christine has experience in all aspects of these cases, including pre-suit investigation, conducting effective offensive and defensive discovery, deposing witnesses and defending depositions, drafting dispositive and pre-trial motions, and preparing for trial. She recently presented an infringement expert at trial in a patent infringement lawsuit that resulted in a finding of willful infringement and a jury award of the full damages ask.
Prior to joining the firm, she gained experience at Irell & Manella, where she handled patent infringement disputes in a wide range of industries.
While attending law school, Christine was a comment editor for the University of Chicago Legal Forum. At Caltech, she carried out research in computational applied mathematics and was a recipient of the Monticello Research Fellowship, which allowed her to spend a summer working with a research group in Berlin, Germany.
- Optis Wireless Technology et al. v. Huawei. Represents plaintiffs in a patent infringement suit in the Eastern District of Texas related to LTE technologies. After a five-day trial, the jury found infringement, willfulness, no invalidity, and awarded substantial damages for each of the five patents-in-suit.
- Immunex v. Sanofi and Regeneron. Represents defendants Sanofi and Regeneron in a patent infringement suit in the Central District of California regarding their breakthrough drug Dupixent®.
- TCL v. Ericsson. Represents Ericsson involving a dispute over fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory (FRAND) terms for a license relating to LTE, WCDMA, and GSM/GPRS/EDGE technologies.
- Ericsson v. Apple. Represented Ericsson in a patent infringement and breach of contract litigation in the ITC and district court relating to LTE, WCDMA, and GSM/GPRS/EDGE technologies.
Media & Events
J.D., with honors, The University of Chicago Law School, 2013
B.S., Applied & Computational Mathematics, California Institute of Technology, 2010
- State of California
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit