Colleen Bloss is an associate in the Dallas office of McKool Smith. Her practice focuses on patent litigation and complex commercial disputes. Colleen has experience in all aspects of litigation, including pre-suit investigation, deposing witnesses, drafting and arguing motions, and examining witnesses at trial.
While attending law school, Colleen was an active member of The University of Texas Advocacy Program. Her moot court team won the national championship for the Giles Sutherland Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition. Colleen's mock trial team was a semi-finalist in the American Association for Justice Mock Trial Competition and was the champion of the Texas Region. Colleen was a member of Texas Law’s Order of the Barristers and won the Niemann Cup, which is the school’s highest award in advocacy.
- Legacy Separators, LLC v. Halliburton Energy Services, Inc. (S.D. Tex.) Representing Halliburton as a defendant in a suit alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and patent infringement. The technology at issue generally relates to downhole gas separators.
- Summit 6 LLC v. Apple, Inc., et al. (N.D. Tex.) Represented Summit 6 in a patent infringement lawsuit against Apple, Twitter, HTC, LG, and Motorola involving digital content processing and uploading technology.
- Deere & Co. v. Duroc LLC, Alamo Group Inc, Bush Hog Inc. et al. Represented Alamo Group Inc. and Bush Hog Inc. in defense of a patent infringement claim brought by Deere & Company in Iowa federal court. After a 14-day trial, the jury returned a favorable verdict, finding no infringement and invalidating the patent at issue.
Community & Professional Activities
- Patrick E. Higginbotham Inn of Court
Media & Events
J.D., with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2013
B.A., magna cum laude, Government and Philosophy, The University of Texas at Austin, 2010
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Western Districts of Texas
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit