Jennifer Estremera is an associate in the Silicon Valley office of McKool Smith Hennigan. She focuses her practice on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer served as a clerk to the Honorable Edward J. Davila of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. Jennifer also gained extensive experience as an associate at a large international firm and a boutique law firm, where she represented clients in state and federal courts in litigation involving complex commercial matters, product liability and personal injury, consumer class actions, and securities claims in FINRA arbitration. In addition, she has achieved numerous pro bono successes in insurance, consumer protection, and immigration cases. She continues devoting time toward pro bono matters and currently serves as the pro cono coordinator for the Silicon Valley office.
While attending law school, Jennifer's honors included Dean's List;,Honors Moot Court Finalist, Witkin Award in Legal Research and Writing, and the merit-based Emery Scholarship. She also held a judicial externship in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- Alcoa. Member of trial team that secured a complete defense win for Alcoa Power Generating Inc. in a several hundred million-dollar dispute against the state of North Carolina concerning ownership rights to a 45-mile stretch of riverbed and four hydroelectric dams on the Yadkin River under federal navigability doctrine and associated constitutional principles.
- Ericsson. Represented Ericsson in a patent infringement dispute against Apple in the Eastern District of Texas involving several patents related to LTE and 802.11 wireless communication devices and echo cancellation technology.
- Pro bono client. Led trial team as first-chair lawyer for three-day jury trial in housing case, representing an individual with disabilities.
- Maxava. Obtained favorable settlement for global provider of innovative High Availability and Disaster Recovery software solutions and services during appeal to the Ninth Circuit involving claims against competitor under the Lanham Act.
- San Diego Gas and Electric. Represented SDG&E in a contract dispute involving a $300 million-dollar wind farm in Montana and compliance with federal laws relating to preservation of wildlife habitat.
J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2007
B.A., Business Administration, Azusa Pacific University, 2004
- State of California
- State of Kansas
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas