John Yang is an associate in McKool Smith's Dallas office. He focuses on intellectual property litigation and appeals. Prior to joining the firm's Dallas office, John served as a law clerk to the Honorable Kara F. Stoll on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
John worked in drug discovery research before attending law school. He has experience in analytical chemistry, molecular biology, and pharmacokinetics.
Rankings & Honors
- Recognized as a Pathfinder of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), 2021
Media & Events
- Yang, J., Kerwin, S.M., Bowman, P.D., Stavchansky, S. Development and validation of an LCMS method to determine the PK profiles of CAPA and CAPE in male Sprague–Dawley rats. Biomedical Chromatography, 2014. 28(2): p. 241-6
- Yang, J., Kerwin, S.M., Bowman, P. D., Stavchansky, S. Stability of CAPA in rat plasma. Biomedical Chromatography, 2012. 26(5): p. 594-8
- Yang, J., Marriner, G. A., Wang, X., Bowman, P. D., Kerwin, S. M., Stavchansky, S. Synthesis of a series of CAPA fluorinated derivatives: comparison of cytoprotective effects to CAPE. Bioorg. and Med. Chemistry, 2010. 18(14): p. 5032-8
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School, 2016
Ph.D., Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012
B.S., Biochemistry, The University of Texas at Austin, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- State of New York
- State of Texas