Jonathan H. Koppell is an associate in McKool Smith's New York office. He focuses his practice on intellectual property and commercial litigation. Prior to joining McKool Smith, Jonathan was a litigation associate at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP, where he handled various commercial matters, including disputes involving contracts and real estate, as well as intellectual property matters. Jonathan's previous representations include a private real estate developer in a commercial real estate arbitration and a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer in a patent infringement action.
While attending law school, he was honored as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and contributed to the Columbia Science and Technology Law Review. Prior to attending law school, Jonathan earned his master of science degree in biological sciences and co-authored an article on the genetic diversity of Bradyrhizobium in a peer-reviewed scientific journal.
Rankings & Honors
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in New York by Super Lawyers, 2021
Community & Professional Activities
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
Media & Events
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2014
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
M.S., Biological Sciences, Binghamton University, 2011
B.S., Cellular and Molecular Biology, Binghamton University, 2010
- State of New York
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York