Orrie Levy is an Associate in McKool Smith's New York office. He focuses his practice on commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Orrie was a Law Clerk to the Honorable Lisa Margaret Smith of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and was responsible for drafting opinions and orders on dispositive motions, discovery disputes, and habeas corpus petitions. Before clerking, Orrie served as an Assistant District Attorney in the Appeals Bureau of the Bronx County District Attorney’s Office, where he briefed and argued over forty criminal appeals before the New York State Appellate Division, the New York State Court of Appeals, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
While attending law school, Orrie was honored with a Dean's Merit Scholarship and was a Senior Editor of the Moot Court Honor Society. He placed first in the Cardozo Constitutional Law Oratory Competition, was a finalist in the Fordham Securities Moot Court Competition, and a semi-finalist in the Appellate Lawyers Association National Moot Court Competition.
Rankings & Honors
- Ranked a "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2018).
Media & Events
- The New Frontier of Advanced Reproductive Technology: Reevaluating Modern Legal Parenthood, 37 Harv. J. L. & Gender 107 (2014).
- Due Process and the Post-Padilla Landscape: Balancing the Severity of Deportation As A Collateral Consequence with A Court's Traditionally Narrow Obligation in Accepting A Plea, 11 Cardozo Pub. L. Pol'y & Ethics J. 41 (2012).
- Understanding the Law of Mandatory Surcharges Imposed Pursuant to New York Penal Law § 60.35, Empire State Prosecutor, New York Prosecutors Training Institute (Fall 2012) (on file with author).
J.D., magna cum laude, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 2011.
B.A., magna cum laude, New York University, 2007.
- Hon. Lisa Margaret Smith, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York