Randy Carter is a senior counsel in the Dallas office of McKool Smith whose practice deals with commercial and intellectual property litigation.
- Enron Corporation Creditors Committee. Represents the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Enron Corp in an action against certain former officers, employees and professionals, Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Enron Corp v. Fastow, involving Enron’s bankruptcy.
- AVE-Medtronic. Represented AVE-Medtronic in a breach of fiduciary duty/tort action, Anwar v. Arterial Vascular Engineering, Inc., involving stent technology.
- Ericsson. Represented Ericsson in patent infringement action, Ericsson v. IDC, involving digital cellular telephony technology.
- Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst. Represented Hicks Muse in a breach of fiduciary duty action, In re Healthco, involving the buy out and merger of Healthco International, the largest dental supply company in the United States at the time of the merger.
- Universal Display & Fixtures Company. Represented Universal Display in a tort action, Leggett & Platt v. Universal Display, involving the defense of tortuous interference and covenant not to compete claims in connection with the hiring of former Leggett & Platt employees.
- Voluntary Purchasing Groups (“VPG”). Represented VPG in various environmental/toxic tort actions involving pesticide and herbicide plant.
News & Events
J.D., with honors, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1985
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Order of the Coif
- Editor, Law Review Notes & Comments,1984-85
B.A., with honors, Southwest Missouri State University, 1982
- State of Missouri
- State of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Texas
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas