Rosemary Tyson Snider is a principal in the Dallas office of McKool Smith whose practice concentrates on complex commercial litigation at both the trial and appellate levels. Rosemary focuses on motion practice, trial preparation and briefing, and appellate briefing.
Canyon Ridge Resort LLC. Canyon Ridge Resort, LLC et al. v. Sterne Agee & Leach, Inc. et al. Representing a hotel development firm against an investment bank for fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
Ericsson Inc. Ericsson v. Qualcomm. Represented Ericsson in multi-patent infringement case against Qualcomm regarding digital cellular telephony. Resulted in favorable settlement for client. In Ericsson v. Harris, represented Ericsson in briefing of patent appeal in the Federal Circuit.
El Paso Gas Co. Sonat Exploration Co. v. Cudd Pressure Control. Represented El Paso Gas Co. (f/k/a Sonat Exploration Co.) in the trial of the breach of an oilfield indemnity agreement. Resulted in favorable verdict for client.
Pride Companies L.P. Pride v. Varde Partners Inc. Represented Pride in a contract dispute with its lender. Resulted in a favorable decision for the client.
Arterial Vascular Engineering Inc. Anwar, et al v. Arterial Vascular Engineering Inc., et al. Represented Arterial Vascular Engineering in the defense of a breach of fiduciary duty and fraud suit brought by two shareholders that settled favorably during trial. Successfully petitioned for mandamus relief numerous times concerning trial court’s resolution of pre-trial discovery disputes.
Hicks, Muse, Tate and Furst. Brandt v. Hicks, Muse & Co. Successfully defended Hicks, Muse & Co. in the trial and appeal of an adversary proceeding.
Rankings & Honors
- Profiled in Chambers USA "Women in Law," 2012
- Texas Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 1992
Community & Professional Activities
- The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit - Board of Governors President
News & Events
- Bloomberg report: "Canyon Ridge lawsuit ends after four years and millions in payments to developer"07.07.2015
- Rosemary T. Snider Elected President of the Board of Governors of The Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit05.13.2013
- McKool Smith Secures Verdict for Texas Cities in Class Action Against Online Hotel Booking Companies10.30.2009
J.D., cum laude, Southern Methodist University School of Law, 1984
- Citations editor, Journal of Air Law & Commerce
- Order of the Coif
M.A., Stephen F. Austin State University, 1977
B.A., with honors, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1971
- State of Texas
- The U.S. Supreme Court
- The U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Fifth, and Federal Circuits
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Board of governors of the Bar Association for the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1991-present
- President, Bar Association for the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, 1999-2000
- President, Harrison County Bar Association, 1990-1992
- President, Northeast Texas Bar Association, 1991-1992
- American Bar Association
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Association