Steven Fisher is an Associate in McKool Smith's New York office. He focuses his practice on white collar and commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, he was a Law Clerk to the Honorable Julio M. Fuentes at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also gained experience as an Associate at an international firm where he worked on a complex securities litigation involving a federal bankruptcy court claim, a related state claim, and a FINRA arbitration. He also defended a Securities Act Section 16(b) suit and litigated a large real estate dispute, among other responsibilities.
While attending law school, he was a Henry W. Box Scholar, a SUNY Buffalo Law School Scholar, a member of the Order of the Barristers, and the 2015 Charles S. Desmond Moot Court Competition Champion. Steven was also a Judicial Intern to the Honorable Richard J. Arcara at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York (WDNY), a Law Clerk at the U.S. Attorney's Office for the WDNY, and a Summer Judicial Intern to the Honorable Christian F. Hummel at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. He was an Advisory Board Member for the SUNY Buffalo Law School Advocacy Institute, Phillip C. Jessup International Moot Court Board President, and a member of the SUNY Buffalo Law School Trial. Steven also served as the Executive Editor of the Buffalo Law Review.
Rankings & Honors
- Named a"Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2020
Media & Events
- Towards “Never Again”: Searching for a Right to Remedial Secession under Extant International Law, 22 BUFF. HUM. RTS. L. REV. 261 (2015-16)
J.D., magna cum laude, SUNY Buffalo School of Law, 2016.
B.A., History and International Relations, SUNY Geneseo, 2013.
- Hon. Julio M. Fuentes, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- The State of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York