Trent Campione is a principal in the Austin office. He focuses on patent litigation and counseling in matters before federal courts and the International Trade Commission (ITC). He also is experienced with licensing, portfolio development and IP aspects of corporate transactions. Representative technologies include computer hardware and software, consumer electronics, satellite dishes and network & wireless communications.
While in law school, Trent served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Vaughn R. Walker (ret.), former Chief Judge of the Northern District of California.
- Ericsson. Represented Ericsson in litigation with Samsung involving more than 50 wireless technology patents asserted in district court and the ITC.
- Freescale. Represented Freescale in an ITC action asserting semiconductor patents against MediaTek.
- BMC Software. Represented BMC in a patent infringement action involving IT management solutions.
- Good Technology. Represented Good Technology in patent cases concerning smartphone data synchronization and security software.
- Rambus. Represented Rambus in patent infringement actions involving computer memory technology.
News & Events
- "Federal Circuit Update," CLE presentation, December 2005.
- Panelist, "Opinions of Counsel & Waiver of Privilege after EchoStar," Austin Intellectual Property Law Association, October 2006.
- "Expanding Jurisdiction over Patent Challenges," The Intellectual Property Strategist, June 2007
- "On-Sale Bar's Broad Application Demonstrated in Recent Cadence Victory over Mentor," Intellectual Property Today, September 2003
J.D., cum laude, University of California, Hastings, 1998
- Associate executive editor, Hastings Int’l & Comparative Law Review
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Ninth and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts in Texas and California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Texas
- State of California