- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, with high honors, 1976. Law Review, Chancellors, Teaching Quiz Master
- B.B.A., Accounting, with honors, University of Texas at Austin, 1973
- State of Texas
- State of California
- The U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- The U.S. District Courts for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Texas Bar Foundation
Lew LeClair has been a trial lawyer for more than 30 years with a focus on commercial and intellectual property litigation on both the plaintiff and defense side. He is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Lew has been recognized by a number of organizations during his career, including Chambers USA, a global organization that evaluates lawyers for business, which ranked him in commercial litigation for 2006, describing him as "exceptionally talented and experienced." Other notable recognition includes a listing in LawDragon’s national 2006 listing for "500 Leading Plaintiffs Lawyers" and special recognition in the 2006 Dallas Business Journal listing of 15 leading business defense lawyers.
- Enron Creditors Committee and Enron Creditors Recovery Corporation. Served as lead litigation counsel for the Creditors Committee in Official Committee of Unsecured Committee v. Fastow, et. al., and in multi-district proceedings in Houston involving claims arising from the Enron Corp. bankruptcy. This litigation, one of the largest, if not the largest in American judicial history, involved massive discovery and multiple claims and parties. Successfully resolved numerous claims and suits brought on behalf of the bankruptcy estate against various defendants connected with the financial collapse of Enron.
- Options Backdating Litigation-Serving as lead counsel for certain officers and directors defendants in connection with several pending cases alleging that options of a public company were improperly backdated.
- Parrish, et. al. v. NFL Players, Inc. Serving as co-lead counsel in nationwide class action relating to sharing of licensing income with retired professional football players.
- Patent Litigation. Served as litigation counsel in a number of significant patent litigation matters in the Eastern District of Texas and Delaware.
- WalMart trade secret litigation. Served as plaintiffs’ lead trial counsel in large trade secret case in Morris County, Arkansas.
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked as a Commercial and Intellectual Property "Litigation Star" by Benchmark Litigation
- Named twice to the Dallas Business Journal listing of top litigators in Dallas
- Named by his peers to the list of Texas Super Lawyers every year since 2003
- Ranked in the Best Lawyers in America as a leading lawyer in Litigation: Bet-the-Company, Commercial, Bankruptcy, Intellectual Property, Patent, and Securities.
- Ranked in Chambers USA as a leading commercial litigator (Band 2)
- Listed in the Lawdragon 500
- September 9, 2013
- August 15, 2013
- May 24, 2013
- November 2012
- September 10, 2012
- August 27, 2012
- November 22, 2011
- September 13, 2011
- September 2, 2010
- McKool Smith's Intellectual Property and White Collar Defense Practices Recognized in 2010 Chambers USA rankingsJune 10, 2010
- August 6, 2009
- March 16, 2009
- October 13, 2008
- September 15, 2008
- June 13, 2008
- June 13, 2008
- April 1, 2008
- October 10, 2007
- October 1, 2007
- September 25, 2007
- January 1, 2007
- October 9, 2006
- June 30, 2006
- August 1, 2011Texas Lawyer