As part of our continued commitment to recruit, retain, and promote a diverse team of lawyers, we are awarding Scholarships to support outstanding diverse 1L & 2L law students. We will be awarding up to $30,000 to one to six recipients.
- $10,000 on starting as a 1L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 1L summer and on starting as a 2L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 2L summer and on starting as an associate
Scholarship applicants must be current first year law school students enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school who are students of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community , persons with a disability, or whose background or experience would otherwise contribute to the diversity of the legal profession. Applicants should not be a recipient of a diversity award or scholarship from another law firm.
We are currently accepting scholarship applications through January 31, 2024. If you have questions, please contact Scholarship@mckoolsmith.com.
- Completed Application
- Legal Writing Sample
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts
- A personal statement of 500 words or less regarding your commitment to the ideals of inclusion and equity, desire to pursue a career as a civil trial attorney, and interest in McKool Smith
Deadline: January 31, 2024