Our attorneys leverage their proven experience and extensive network of international resources to guide clients effectively through any cross-border dispute.
We handle a broad range of complex, cross-border commercial litigation and arbitration matters involving contracts and business torts, imports/exports, bilateral investments and trade agreements, investigations, offshore assets recovery, and international judgment enforcement. These matters arise from operations and activities of participants in many global industries, with significant emphasis on the energy, natural resources, and infrastructure sectors.
McKool Smith represents claimants and respondents in matters administered by all major international arbitral institutions, including the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR), the International Center for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), and the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA). Our lawyers have arbitrated matters seated in various locales around the world.
We have arbitrated and litigated many matters in parallel proceedings involving multiple foreign jurisdictions and involving proceedings in courts, arbitration tribunals, and administrative agencies. And we have participated in investigations with cross-border civil and criminal enforcement implications. Our lawyers work seamlessly with foreign law firms and experts.
Our clients include public and private corporations, investors, private equity portfolio companies, and project developers, among others.
We have many professionals who are fluent in foreign languages, including Spanish, French, German, and Mandarin.
Media & Events
- Lisa Houssiere commented in the Law360 article “3 International Arbitration Trends To Watch In 2021”01.04.2021
- Lisa Houssiere provided commentary to the article, “International Arbitration Experts Discuss the Future of Arbitration,” published by Mealey’s International Arbitration Report07.28.2020
- Lisa Houssiere provided commentary to Law360's article, "2nd Circ. Arbitration Discovery Ruling Ripe For High Court"07.13.2020
- Lisa Houssiere provided commentary on international arbitration to Mealey’s International Arbitration Report05.26.2020
- Lisa Houssiere provided commentary in the article "International Arbitration Experts Discuss The Major Challenges for Arbitration In 2020," published in the Mealey's International Arbitration Report04.28.2020
- Lisa Houssiere provided commentary to Law360's article "Coronavirus Disputes May Turn on Little-Known Clause03.28.2020
- Lisa Houssiere provides commentary to Law360's article, "Coronavirus May Hasten Arbitration Technology Boom"03.20.2020
- Willie Wood, Lisa Houssiere, and Cecilia Ibarra-Van Oostenrijk co-authored "Complexities Associated with Multi-Party Proceedings in Energy Sector Commercial Arbitration," a chapter in Arbitraje comercial y de inversión en el sector ene03.03.2021
- "Sixth Circuit Opens Door to U.S.-Style Discovery in Aid of Private International Arbitration under 28 U.S.C. § 1782" by Lisa Houssiere and Cecilia Ibarra-van Oostenrijk03.24.2020