As part of our continued commitment to recruit, retain, and promote a strong and inclusive team of lawyers, we are awarding Scholarships to support outstanding 1L law students. We will be awarding up to $30,000 to one to six recipients.
- $10,000 on starting as a 1L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 1L summer and on starting as a 2L summer
- $10,000 after successful completion of 2L summer and on starting as an associate
Scholarship applicants must be current first year law school students enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school who have demonstrated perseverance, resilience, and excellence in their pursuit of a legal education and have shown a commitment to the ideals of inclusion and equity. Applicants should not be a recipient of an award or scholarship from another law firm.
We will accept 2023 Scholarship applications starting December 1, 2023. If you have questions, please contact Scholarship@mckoolsmith.com.
- Completed Application
- Legal Writing Sample
- Undergraduate and Graduate transcripts
- A personal statement of 500 words or less regarding your commitment to the ideals of inclusion and equity, desire to pursue a career as a civil trial attorney, and interest in McKool Smith
Deadline: January 31, 2024