In 2002, The National Law Journal published its first annual listing of the nation’s top verdicts Since that time, no law firm in the nation has won more “Top 100 Verdicts” than McKool Smith. The firm’s record-breaking 23 top verdicts amount to nearly $3.8 billion in jury awards for the firm’s clients. These victories have earned McKool Smith accolades across the nation’s leading legal directories and rankings. The firm’s recent honors include:
- Recognized as a “Litigation Standout” in BTI Consulting’s 2022 Litigation Outlook Report
- Firm’s $300 million verdict for PanOptis against Apple recognized as a “Top 100 Verdict” of 2021 by The National Law Journal
- Firm’s $30 million verdict for Twinwood Cattle Company against American Akaushi Association, Inc. et al. recognized as a “Top 100 Verdict” of 2021 by The National Law Journal
- Recognized as a “Texas Powerhouse” – Law360 (2021)
- Awarded “Litigation Department of the Year - Intellectual Property" – Texas Lawyer (2017-2020-2022)
- Awarded “U.S. Patent Plaintiff Firm of the Year” - Managing IP (2017-2020)
- Awarded “Insurance Group of the Year” – Law360 (2018-2020)
- Awarded “Texas Intellectual Property Firm of the Year” – Chambers USA (2019)
- Awarded “Texas Law Firm of the Year” – Benchmark Litigation (2019)
- Chambers USA
Chambers USA ranks the nation’s leading firms and lawyers in a wide range of practice areas and features client commentary. McKool Smith’s 2023 rankings include:
- Ranked in Band 1 (highest ranking) for Intellectual Property in Texas. "McKool Smith has several extremely skilled trial lawyers who understand how to provide practical advice that leads to efficient and successful results."
- Ranked Band 1 (highest ranking) for Litigation: General Commercial in Texas. "It's a very good firm, with phenomenal trial lawyers."
- Ranked Band 1 (highest ranking) for Litigation: Securities: Institutional Plaintiffs in New York. "The team has an excellent handle on the important and extremely nuanced areas of RMBS litigation."
- Ranked nationally as a leading firm for Intellectual Property. "McKool Smith has several extremely skilled trial lawyers who understand how to provide practical advice that leads to efficient and successful results."
- Ranked Band 1 (highest ranking) as a leading firm for Litigation: General Commercial in California. "McKool Smith has a strong litigation practice based around a robust core of seasoned trial lawyers."
- Chambers Global
Chambers Global identifies leading lawyers and firms in more than 190 countries. McKool Smith's 2022 rankings include:
- Ranked as a leading U.S. firm in the Intellectual Property: Patent category
- Benchmark Litigation
Benchmark Litigation focuses exclusively on litigation in the U.S. McKool Smith's 2022 rankings include:
- Ranked nationally as a “Top 20 Trial Law Firm”
- Ranked Tier 1 (highest ranking) nationally for Intellectual Property and Insurance
- Ranked as a “Highly Recommended” litigation firm in Texas and “Recommended” in New York
- The Legal 500
For the past two decades, The Legal 500 Series has provided the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers in more than 100 countries. McKool Smith's 2022 rankings include:
- Ranked nationally as a leading firm for Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation – Full Service.
- Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) Patent 1000
McKool Smith received national and regional rankings in the 2023 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals.
- One of seven trial powerhouses ranked nationally in the “Firms: plaintiff” category
- One of six firms ranked Gold (highest tier) in Texas in the “Firms: litigation” category
- Managing Intellectual Property
Managing IP is a leading global resource covering all aspects of IP law and practice. Our 2023 accolades:
- Awarded “Patent Plaintiff Firm – National”
- Awarded "Patent Plaintiff Firm: Texas" category
- Best Lawyers in America
Best Lawyers compiles lists of outstanding lawyers by conducting surveys in which thousands of leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their peers. McKool Smith's ranked practitioners for 2023 include:
- Blake Bailey, Samuel Baxter, Mathew Cameron, John Campbell, Gary Cruciani, Travis DeArman, Kirk Dillman, J. Michael Hennigan, Kevin Hess, Richard Kamprath, William LaFuze, Lewis LeClair, Kristin Leveille, Warren Lipschitz, Robert Manley, Veronica Manning, Nick Mathews, Mike McKool, Michael Miguel, Steven Pollinger, James Quigley, Hugh Ray, Steven Rizzi, Kevin Schubert, David Sochia, John Sparacino, Jennifer Truelove, and Avery Williams.
- Best Law Firms in America
Best Law Firms in America
Best Law Firms features national and metropolitan firm rankings. Below are McKool Smith’s 2022 national Tier 1 rankings:
National Tier 1
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation – Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Commercial
- Litigation – Patent
- Litigation – Securities