Eliza Beeney is an Associate in McKool Smith’s New York office. She focuses her practice on intellectual property litigation, including patents, copyrights, and trademarks. Prior to joining the firm, Eliza clerked for the Honorable Margo K. Brodie of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York where she assisted in civil and criminal matters in all stages of litigation, including trial. Prior to her clerkship, Eliza was a litigation associate at Davis Polk & Wardwell.
Eliza attended Cornell Law School where she was an editor for the Cornell Law Review, Executive Vice Chancellor of the Moot Court Board and a member of the Cornell Women’s Law Coalition. She also worked in Cornell’s Capital Punishment Clinic and authored a note selected for publication in the Law Review.
Rankings & Honors
- Recognized as a "Rising Star" in New York by Super Lawyers, 2021
Media & Events
- Artnet News reports, “A Judge Paves the Way for Scholar Marc Restellini’s Lawsuit Over Ownership of Valuable Modigliani Research to Move Forward”10.06.2021
J.D., Cornell Law School, 2016
- Articles Editor, Cornell Law Review
- Myron Taylor Scholar
B.A., with honors, Johns Hopkins University, 2013
- Hon. Margo K. Brodie, U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- State of New York
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas