Grant Johnson is an associate in McKool Smith's New York office, where his practice focuses on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Grant was Counsel to the Solicitor of Labor, where he provided legal advice to constituent agencies of the Department of Labor and assisted with the representation of the Department of Labor in litigation. He also previously clerked for the Honorable Karen LeCraft Henderson of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit and for the Honorable E. Grady Jolly of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
While in law school, Grant was a James Kent Scholar his first and third year. He also was a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar his second year. Additionally, Grant served as Managing Editor for the Columbia Journal of European Law.
J.D., Columbia Law School, 2018
- James Kent Scholar
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Chair, Federalist Society-Capitalism and the Rule of Law Lecture Series
- Managing Editor, Columbia Journal of European Law
MSc, with distinction, Political Theory, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2015
B.A., magna cum laude, Political Science and Economics, California State University, 2014
- Hon. Karen LeCraft Henderson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- Hon. E. Grady Jolly, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- New York