McKool Smith received top national and regional rankings in the inaugural edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Practitioners.
According to the directory, McKool Smith is an “Elite trial outfit” that “routinely succeeds in patent litigation and is feted nationally and abroad for its first-rate handling of the most complex and commercially significant cases.” Commentators particularly endorse the firm for its skillful representation of plaintiffs, but also note its outstanding defense capabilities. McKool Smith “has enjoyed immense success in a variety of forums, including the ITC, where its trial lawyers thrive on the fast pace and demanding nature of Section 337 investigations.” The firm is described as “home to a cadre of fabulously good lawyers who are top drawer in what they do”.
McKool Smith was recognized in the following regions/practice areas:
- Recommended Nationally for Plaintiff Litigation
- Ranked Gold Tier in Texas for Patent Litigation
McKool Smith attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
- Mike McKool - Recommended nationally in Plaintiff Litigation; Received a Gold ranking in Texas litigation
- Sam Baxter - Recommended nationally in Plaintiff Litigation; Received a Gold ranking in Texas litigation
- Kent Stevens - Recommended nationally in ITC Litigation; Received a Bronze ranking in Washington, DC litigation
- Doug Cawley - Received a Silver ranking in Texas litigation
Compiled by a team of researchers from Intellectual Asset Management magazine, the IAM Patent 1000 is a guide to top patent practitioners as well as leading patent law firms in 33 of the world's most important jurisdictions and 16 U.S. states. Based on interviews with in-house professionals and attorneys in private practice, the IAM Patent 1000 looks at the full range of patent services, from creation through management to dispute resolution.