McKool Smith received high marks in the 2015 edition of IAM Patent 1000: The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners, which describes the firm as a “world-famous patent litigation machine.”
Market commentary about the firm notes that “when you see its name on the other side, you know you’re on a first-tier case” and that McKool Smith lawyers command the utmost respect due to their “combination of real trial savvy and profound technical expertise.” This year, six McKool Smith principals are recognizezd in the directory; three of which are ranked as gold tier honorees.
McKool Smith is recognized in the following regions/practice areas:
- Highly recommended nationally for Plaintiff Litigation
- Ranked Gold Tier in Texas for Patent Litigation
McKool Smith attorneys named as top patent practitioners include:
- Mike McKool - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Sam Baxter - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Doug Cawley - Received a Gold ranking in Texas Litigation
- Kent Stevens - Recommended nationally in ITC Litigation; Received a Silver ranking in Washington, DC Litigation
Compiled by a team of researchers from Intellectual Asset Management magazine, the IAM Patent 1000 is a guide to top patent practitioners as well as leading patent law firms in key jurisdictions. Based on interviews with in-house professionals and attorneys in private practice, the IAM Patent 1000 looks at the full range of patent services, from creation through management to dispute resolution.