DALLAS — The national law firm of McKool Smith is home to attorneys from the firm’s Dallas, Austin and Marshall, Texas, offices who have earned spots on the 2009 Texas Rising Stars listing.
Nominated by members of the prestigious Texas Super Lawyers list, the Rising Stars honor is reserved for the top Texas attorneys age 40 or younger, and those who have been in practice fewer than 10 years. Only 2.5 percent of eligible attorneys are recognized on each year’s listing, which will appear in the April issue of Texas Monthly magazine and the stand-alone Texas Rising Stars magazine.
The following are the McKool Smith attorneys who earned a spot on the 2009 Texas Rising Stars list and the practice areas for which they earned recognition:
- L. David Anderson, Principal, Business Litigation
- Aimee Perilloux Fagan, Principal, Business Litigation
- David Sochia, Principal, Business Litigation
- Michael P. Fritz, Associate, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Anthony M. Garza, Associate, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Scott W. Hejny, Associate, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Pierre J. Hubert, Principal, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Joshua W. Budwin, Associate, Intellectual Property
- John B. Campbell Jr., Associate, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Laurie Lavigna Gallun, Associate, Business Litigation
- John F. Garvish, Associate, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Joel L. Thollander, Associate, Business Litigation
This marks the fifth time that Ms. Fagan has been honored in the Rising Stars list, and the fourth for Mr. Anderson. This is the third year Mr. Campbell, Mr. Hubert and Ms. Lynch have earned recognition, and the second for Ms. Gallun, Mr. Hejny, Mr. Kitchen and Mr. Sochia.
McKool Smith has more than 100 attorneys in Dallas, Austin, Marshall, New York, and Washington DC, handling complex commercial, white collar, and intellectual property litigation for national and international clients. The firm is recognized as one of the premier litigation law firms in the United States, having earned significant courtroom victories for clients such as American Airlines, Ericsson, Electronic Data Systems, Medtronic Inc., and Sony Ericsson.