Patrick Pijls is an associate in McKool Smith’s Dallas office. Patrick graduated from Harvard Law School, where he earned a Dean’s Scholar Prize in Federal Courts, awarded to the highest-performing students in the course.
Before joining the firm, Patrick clerked for the Honorable Gerald B. Tjoflat of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
Patrick is a teacher at heart. At Harvard Law School, he served on the Board of Student Advisors, a position in which he taught legal writing to and mentored first-year students. He also taught introductory micro- and macro-economics to freshmen at Harvard College. For receiving outstanding student evaluations, he received Harvard “Q” Awards for every semester in which he taught.
Before attending law school, Patrick worked as a high school math teacher in Miami, Florida, through Teach For America and then as a college-level writing instructor in Buenos Aires, Argentina, as a Fulbright Scholar.
Media & Events
J.D., Harvard Law School, 2018
B.A., Economics and History, Northwestern University, 2011
- Hon. Gerald B. Tjoflat, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- State of Florida
- State of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas