McKool Smith has been ranked as one of the nation’s leading intellectual Property (IP) litigation firms in Managing Intellectual Property’s third edition of “IP Stars.” The firm secured a "Tier 2" national ranking for PTAB litigation and received commentary such as "Who can say no to McKool? They're superb." McKool Smith's trial prowess was also noted by a competitor who said, "They always do a good job, and you always know you're in for a battle. It's hard to win anything against them prior to trial."
The firm also received four regional rankings, including:
- “Highly Recommended” in California
- “Highly Recommended” in Texas
- “Recommended” in New York
- “Recommended” in Washington, DC.
11 of the firm’s principals have again been recognized as “IP Stars,” including:
- Robert Auchter, Washington, DC
- Sam Baxter, Dallas
- Douglas A. Cawley, Dallas
- Robert Cote, New York
- William LaFuze, Houston
- Mike McKool, Dallas
- Steven Pollinger, Austin
- Courtland Reichman, Silicon Valley
- Kent Stevens, Washington, DC
- Theodore Stevenson, Dallas
- Gordon White, Austin
"IP Stars" provides both a national and state-by-state analysis of leading law firms and attorneys who excel in intellectual property matters. The research is based on hundreds of interviews and thousands of surveys of partners at U.S. law firms. Managing IP magazine is a Euromoney Legal Media Group publication.