Ramy Hanna is a principal in McKool Smith's Houston office. Ramy handles patent disputes and provides IP counseling and advisory services. He focuses his practice on patent litigation and has represented clients at numerous trials and hearings, from pre-complaint investigation through post-trial briefing.
Ramy represents clients across a range of technologies including semiconductors, software, data storage, LED, telecommunications, digital video surveillance, and pharmaceuticals in district courts nationwide and before the ITC. He also helps clients develop strategies to protect their patent portfolios as well as licensing and litigation strategies.
As a member Delaware bar, Ramy has unique knowledge and experience in that forum. Ramy also clerked for the United States Attorney’s Office.
He is a member of the Delaware State Bar Association.
Prior to joining the Firm:
- Carnegie Mellon University v. LSI Corp. et al, No. 3:18- cv-04571
- TexasLDPC Corp. v. Broadcom, Inc. et al., No. 18-1966
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Case No.1-18-cv-00699
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Mylan Technologies Inc. et al, Case No. 1-17-cv-01777
- Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Alvogen Pine Brook LLC et al, Case No. 1-17-cv-01429
- Sebela International Limited et al v. Prinston Pharmaceutical Inc. et al, Case No. 2-17-cv-04964
- Sebela International Limited et al v. Actavis Laboratories FL, Inc. et al, Case No.2-17-cv-04789
- Invensas Corporation v. Avago Technologies Limited et al, Case No. 1-16-cv-01033
- Tessera, Inc. et al v. Avago Technologies Limited et al, Case No. 1-16-cv-01034
- Semiconductor Devices, Semiconductor Device Packages, and Products Containing Same, Case No. 337-TA-1010 (ITC)
- Tessera, Inc. et al v. Broadcom Corporation, Case No. 1-16-cv-00380
- Everlight Electronics Co., Ltd., et. al. v. Nichia Corporation, et. al., Case No. 4-12-cv-11758
- Robocast Inc. v. Apple Inc., Case No.1-11-cv-00235
- Robocast Inc. v. Microsoft Corporation, Case No.1-10-cv-01055
- Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Inc et al v. Tessera Inc., Case No. 4-08-cv-03726
- Semiconductor Chips with Minimized Chip Package Size and Products Containing Same (IV), Case No. 337-TA-649 (ITC)
Community & Professional Activities
- Delaware State Bar Association
Media & Events
J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
- New York